Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Professional Spotlight {Creative Custom Cardboxes}

For Your Event Planning's professional spotlight goes to...
Marni Gold at
Creative Custom Cardboxes!
Read our interview to Marni Gold to learn more about this CardboxDiva.

Details of our interview to the Cardbox Diva and her CCC's services.
Name: Marni Gold
Website: http://creativecustomcardboxes.com/
Blog: http://www.creativecustomcardboxes.blogspot.com/
Email: info@creativecustomcardboxes.com
Established: 8/2008
Employees: Marni Gold- Owner/ Designer and Linda Protovin - Designer
Pricing: CCC Boxes start at $40 for our simple and elegant 1 tier CCC but embellishments, extra tiers, etc. will raise the price.
Serving areas: We are located in NJ but ship Worldwide!

Services offered:

At Creative Custom Card Boxes we design, hand craft and hand paint custom Wedding and Party Card Boxes, Cake Table I DO and WE DO letters and Crystal Embellished monogram Caketoppers. All of these are hand crafted and coordinate with the wedding or party decor.

How long have you been creating Custom Card Boxes?

When I was planning my own wedding I decided I wanted a custom card box that matched my pink and brown wedding theme. I looked online and everything I found was very expensive for what it was (ie. boxes of different sizes covered in wrapping paper or fabric). I thought I could create something better by hand painting eco-friendly paper mache boxes and embellishing with real satin ribbon. This was in the Summer of 2008 before my July 6, 2008 Wedding! My mother Linda Protovin and I have been designing Creative Custom Card Boxes for brides ever since!

Describe your style
My design style tend toward the simple and elegant with clean lines and not a lot of over the top embellishments. However, I love to use my imagination and work with what our clients want for their wedding! Nothing is too silly or out of the ordinary. We've done sea shell CCC's, Firefighter themed CCC's, Snowflake themes, and more!

Career wise, what else do you do besides creating these gorgeous masterpieces?

My 'Day Job' is actually a whole other creative outlet! I'm a professional Voice Teacher and Classically Trained Singer. I sing at weddings and other events as well as teach students of all ages how to sing with correct vocal technique. I have my Masters Degree in Education and i'm a NJ Certified Teacher.

What else would you be doing if you were not a cardbox creator?

I love designing and creating custom card boxes for weddings! I just love weddings and helping brides personalize their day. There is nothing worse than a cookie cutter wedding. I think the day should reflect the bride and groom and their love for one another and i'm happy to do my small part in helping that come about. If I could do something else in the wedding industry (and if I had the time) i'd like to assist in coordinating wedding/event design. I've learned quite a bit about it and love it!

What is something that few people know about you?

Thats a great question! I'm pretty much an open book but I think as it pertains to this conversation I've never thought of myself as a very crafty or artistic person! I constantly amaze myself at the beautiful designs we create.

What is one piece of advice you would offer to couples?

My advice to couples planning a wedding is this: The details ARE important as long as they reflect you as individuals coming together as a unit. Remember that after all of the planning is over it is time to just sit back and enjoy each other. Those little details like a Creative Custom Card Box will be there to help you remember the wonderful day you had together, long after the wedding is over.

What can you share about your friends at For Your Event Planning?

Cathy at For Your Even Planning is a consummate professional! I've had the pleasure of designing some fabulous Card Boxes for her friends and clients and have also attended a wedding at which she's gone above and beyond! In person she's sweet, down to earth and friendly and a great listener. She knows weddings and events inside out and i'd highly recommend For Your Event Planning to anyone looking to plan an event or needing her unique specialty services! I'm lucky to count Cathy as a friend and love working with her!

Anything else?
We've recently completed a CCC for a Celebrity Wedding! NFL Star Cornerback for the Green Bay Packers Tramon Williams recently wed his now wife, college Basketball star Shantrell Moore. We worked with a local stationery designer in Louisiana to create an absolutely stunning 3 tier Creative Custom Card Box with a Monogram Tag that coordinated with the rest of their stationery. Stay tuned to our blog at http://www.creativecustomcardboxes.blogspot.com/ for a full wedding recap from the bride and groom and more info and the NFL star attendees and Groomsmen! (hint: one of the groomsmen is a local NFL hero!).

Thanks Marni for your kind words and time for this interview. We at FYEP are lucky as well to count you as a friend and we look forward to working many more weddings together!

1 comment:

  1. Its always a pleasure working with you and talking. Thank you for this post and we must do lunch again soon!

    ReplyDelete